Call for Papers
Power provisioning and energy consumption become major challenges in the field of high performance computing. Energy costs over the lifetime of an HPC installation are in the range of the acquisition costs. The greening of HPC therefore is an important research field that attracts many scientists.
The International Conference on Energy Aware High Performance Computing brings together researchers, developers, vendors, and users to discuss the energy consumption challenge that HPC is facing. Some of the key issues are applications, modeling, simulation, measurement, analysis and optimization, facility issues and business concepts. EnA-HPC provides a forum to present novel solutions that tackle these issues.
|Full Paper Submission||April 25th, 2014|
|Acceptance Notification||May 26th, 2014|
|Camera-Ready Submission||June 1st, 2014|
The scope of the conference comprises the following fields of interests:
- Applications: How to develop energy-efficient algorithms?
- Modeling: How can we model the overall energy consumption of an HPC environment for given applications?
- Simulation: How can we simulate the behavior of energy saving concepts for a given HPC environment and a given program?
- Benchmarking: How can we benchmark the program/architecture energy efficiency?
- Measurement: How can we measure relevant data in the hardware/software environment?
- Analysis: How can we understand the measured data and deduce means to mitigate the energy problem?
- Deployment of mechanisms: How can we reduce energy consumption by changing the HW/SW-environment?
- Deployment of new hardware: Energy optimized processors, network components, storage components etc.
- Facility issues: How can we optimize our computer room for optimal power efficiency?
- Business concept: How to budget raising electricity costs?
This list is not intended to be exhaustive – feel inspired and propose additional aspects!
- We accept papers with no more than eight pages in two-column layout.
- Latex template can be found here.
- The only language accepted is English.
- Author guidelines are available from Springer – select "Instructions for Authors" on the Journal's Homepage.
- Papers must be submitted via EasyChair as PDF (file size limited to 20 MB).
- Please select at least one of the topics in the submission form.
- Questions can be sent to email@example.com.
- Papers will be peer-reviewed by three reviewers.
- They will be evaluated based on their novelty, fundamental insights and potential for long-term contribution.
- By submitting a paper you agree to present the paper at EnA-HPC 2014 in Dresden, Germany.
- At least one author has to register for EnA-HPC 2014 participation.
Accepted papers will be published in a special edition of “Computer Science – Research and Development”, Springer Verlag.
We are also interested in technical contributions from vendors.