The scope of the conference comprises the following fields of interests:
- Applications: How to develop energy-efficient algorithms?
- Modeling: How can we model the overall energy consumption of an HPC environment for given applications?
- Simulation: How can we simulate the behavior of energy saving concepts for a given HPC environment and a given program?
- Benchmarking: How can we benchmark the program/architecture energy efficiency?
- Measurement: How can we measure relevant data in the hardware/software environment?
- Analysis: How can we understand the measured data and deduce means to mitigate the energy problem?
- Deployment of mechanisms: How can we reduce energy consumption by changing the HW/SW-environment?
- Deployment of new hardware: Energy optimized processors, network components, storage components etc.
- Facility issues: How can we optimize our computer room for optimal power efficiency?
- Business concept: How to budget raising electricity costs?
This list is not intended to be exhaustive – feel inspired and propose additional aspects!